zucchini medallions with chard and sweet cornPosted: 11/08/2011
This whole meal (save the lemon) is so fresh and so local, I could eat it a million times. But there are too many other amazing things to eat!
And there is just so much joy to be found in preparing a seasonal, local meal. So I’ll tell you a little about what I did, and you can play from there with your own creations!
1. Bring a deep pot of water to a boil with 2-3 ears of corn.
2. While the water heats up, slice onions, and fry until translucent. Add two sliced zucchinis, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Begin a browned butter sauce (about 4 tbsp) in another pan. Add fresh minced garlic, green onions, and parsley, coarsely chopped.
3. Chop rainbow or swiss chard into ribbons. Briefly (30-60 seconds!) saute chard in the brown butter sauce and remove from heat. Remove cooked corn from water, slice the corn from the cob and add to chard mixture.
4. Spoon zucchini medallions and onions on to a plate. Top with chard mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Prep time: 30 minutes. Serves two hungry adults.